- The branch of physical geography dealing with the formation and features of mountains.More example sentences
- The key parameters of monsoon formation are land and sea temperatures, wind direction and conditions, the presence of water vapour, and finally topography and orography.
- Orography is the term used to describe undulations on the surface of the Earth of any size and shape, from small hills to major mountain ranges.
- The orography of the land site has a strong impact on the local wind climate.
More definitions of orographyDefinition of orography in:
- The US English dictionary