noun (plural oropharynges /-ˈfarɪndʒiːz/ or oropharynxes)Anatomy
The part of the pharynx that lies between the soft palate and the hyoid bone.
More example sentences
- Changes in the mucosa of the oropharynx, including dry cracked lips or strawberry tongue
- Employees reported exposure to a green mist that was irritating to their eyes, nose, oropharynx, and lungs.
- In addition to the vallate and fungiform papillae of the tongue, taste buds are found in the soft palate, oropharynx, and epiglottis.
- More example sentences
- It is influenced by strength of oropharyngeal and laryngeal musculature.
- Abnormal oropharyngeal and oesophageal anatomy can be readily identified.
- Lung cancer is common, as are oropharyngeal cancers, which are linked to tobacco chewing, a distinctive South Asian habit.
Definition of oropharynx in:
- The US English dictionary