noun[mass noun] Engineering
- A method of projection in which an object is depicted using parallel lines to project its outline on to a plane.More example sentences
- These techniques were generalised into a system called géométrie descriptive, which is now known as orthographic projection, the graphical method used in modern mechanical drawing.
- The Necker cube, i.e. a cube drawn in orthographic projection, lacks perspective clues, so that the eye has a difficulty choosing one possible interpretation at the expense of the other.
- House plans - one well known drawing format, are a form of orthographic projection.
More definitions of orthographic projectionDefinition of orthographic projection in:
- The US English dictionary