Another term for phosphoric acid.
- A phosphate is a salt that is prepared from orthophosphoric acid.
- Soil samples were pretreated with excess 0.1 M orthophosphoric acid to remove inorganic C salts.
- The pH value at which a one molar solution exists as half orthophosphoric acid and half dihydrogen phosphate ion, H 2 PO 4 -, the pK 1, is 2.15.
- Example sentences
- Only a fraction of total P is supposed to occur as free orthophosphate ions.
- An example of a second order reaction is the formation of ATP through the condensation of ADP with orthophosphate.
- In many species the enzyme is sensitive to allosteric regulation by phosphoglyceric acid and inorganic orthophosphate (inhibitor).
Definition of orthophosphoric acid in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.