Definition of oscilloscope in English:
A device for viewing oscillations by a display on the screen of a cathode ray tube.
- In single-channel experiments, the membrane current was monitored with an oscilloscope and recorded on a chart recorder for data analysis by hand.
- The voltage will produce a waveform on the oscilloscope.
- It is important to understand the fundamental difference between real-time oscilloscopes and sampling oscilloscopes.
- Example sentences
- The transducer detects echoes before being converted into electrical signals that are represented on an oscilloscopic display.
- You can actually see ‘eureka moments’ and ‘collaborative tension’ by glancing at the oscilloscopic traces.
Definition of oscilloscope in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan