2A native or inhabitant of Ossetia.
- During several centuries of common statehood, the Abkhaz, Armenians, Turks, and Ossetians partly preserved their cultural identities, while Albanians were fully assimilated.
- Most Abkhazians and South Ossetians have taken out Russian citizenship and earn their living by trading with Russia.
- Many South Ossetians have a greater affinity with the Russian region of North Ossetia than with Tbilisi.
Relating to Ossetia or its language.
- But, in spite of the intense piano playing, he had known since he was eight that he would be a conductor, simply because he had been told - and a good Ossetian boy does what he is told.
- At the time of writing, neither the Abkhaz nor the Ossetian conflicts have been resolved.
- Much information from this book has been summarised by Anna Chaudhri, who also introduced similar elements from Ossetian hunting lore.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: Os¦se|tian
Definition of Ossetian in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.