- An Italian dish made of shin of veal containing marrowbone, stewed in wine with vegetables.More example sentences
- The Italians have osso bucco with its famed marrow center: In France, tête de veau, consommé en gelée, and the like are considered classics.
- I came over all Tuscan, opting for veal osso bucco with braised vegetables and red wine sauce, citrus creamed potatoes and pavé of dried fruits.
- As my experience of veal is mostly limited to schnitzel and osso bucco, this dish was a surprise.
Italian, literally 'marrowbone'.
More definitions of osso bucoDefinition of osso buco in:
- The US English dictionary