noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Inflammation of bone or bone marrow, usually due to infection.More example sentences
- Approximately one-third to two-thirds of patients with diabetes who have foot infections will develop osteomyelitis.
- A bone scan showed osteomyelitis of the left sacroiliac joint and inflammation of multiple muscles.
- Osteitis or osteomyelitis may be observed with imaging studies, but bone biopsy may be necessary.
More definitions of osteomyelitisDefinition of osteomyelitis in:
- The US English dictionary