Definition of osteonecrosis in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
The death of bone tissue.
- Investigators at the National Institutes of Health have demonstrated that a disabling bone disorder, osteonecrosis of the hip, is surprisingly common among patients with HIV infection.
- The incidence of osteonecrosis or avascular necrosis has fallen as a result of new advances in immunosuppression and lower corticosteroid regimens.
- It is unclear in this patient which of the possible factors contributed to the pathogenesis of osteonecrosis.
- Example sentences
- The very high total irradiation doses have caused osteonecrotic lesions of the lumbar spine.
- Many authors have reported good results with the use of vascularized fibular grafts to treat large osteonecrotic lesions of the femoral head.
Definition of osteonecrosis in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan