noun (plural osteospermums)
- A plant or shrub of the daisy family, native to Africa and the Middle East, some varieties of which are cultivated for their yellow, violet, pink, or white flowers.
More example sentences
- Genus Osteospermum, family Compositae
- Daisies such as arcotis, erigerum, gazanias and osteospermums are terrific value, flowering for many months of summer.
- I love rudbeckias of all sizes, shastas similarly, colourful chrysanthemums and coreopsis, marguerites, ox-eyes, osteospermums; the list is almost endless.
- That does not, however, mean that I will stop bugging the local nurseries to stock the exotic osteospermum!
mid 19th century: modern Latin, from osteo- + Greek sperma 'seed'.
More definitions of osteospermumDefinition of osteospermum in:
- The US English dictionary