noun (plural osteospermums)
A plant or shrub of the daisy family, native to Africa and the Middle East, some varieties of which are cultivated for their yellow, violet, pink, or white flowers.
- Genus Osteospermum, family Compositae
More example sentences
- Daisies such as arcotis, erigerum, gazanias and osteospermums are terrific value, flowering for many months of summer.
- I love rudbeckias of all sizes, shastas similarly, colourful chrysanthemums and coreopsis, marguerites, ox-eyes, osteospermums; the list is almost endless.
- That does not, however, mean that I will stop bugging the local nurseries to stock the exotic osteospermum!
mid 19th century: modern Latin, from osteo- + Greek sperma 'seed'.
Definition of osteospermum in:
- The US English dictionary