noun (plural osteotomies)[mass noun]
- The surgical cutting of a bone, especially to allow realignment.More example sentences
- Therefore, we felt that osteotomy was successful in avoiding further ligament reconstructive surgery in 11 of the 16 patients, or nearly 70% of the patients.
- A variety of surgical treatments for the more advanced lesions have been proposed, including arthroscopic debridement, osteotomy, drilling, and total knee arthroplasty.
- The surgeon places a guide over the lateral femur to identify the location for the femoral neck osteotomy.
More definitions of osteotomyDefinition of osteotomy in:
- The US English dictionary