- Either of a pair of boards or metal plates, attached to each side of the mouth of a trawl net at an angle which keeps the net open as it is pulled through the water.More example sentences
- The door-like object is one of the otter boards used to keep the nets open when trawling so it is best to head away from this as it would inevitably lead to the nets.
- Two pairs of the heavy oak and steel doors, known as otter boards, were discovered on the fish quay.
- The basic difference between single and pair trawling is that in single trawling the net is spread by two otter boards.
More definitions of otter boardDefinition of otter board in:
- The US English dictionary