- Used to refer to a thing or things belonging to or associated with the speaker and one or more other people previously mentioned or easily identified: ours was the ugliest house on the block this chat of ours is strictly between usMore example sentences
- In contrast to every previous encounter of ours, I sober up as we catch up into the early hours.
- We need to hear from all of you who feel that this town of ours is worth the effort.
- Our freedom to use what is ours is being taken away from us unless we dance to their tune and pay up.
There is no need for an apostrophe: the spelling should be ours not our’s.
More definitions of oursDefinition of ours in:
- The US English dictionary