- (Of a settlement) made or done without a court’s involvement.More example sentences
- Commentators have suggested that no drug company has yet lost a case in the British courts, although there have been some out-of-court settlements.
- Here are some actions you can take now that can help you keep your job in the event of unpleasantness, or at least do well in court or with an out-of-court settlement.
- They reached an out-of-court settlement, but I understand that they received compensation for their troubles?
More definitions of out-of-courtDefinition of out-of-court in:
- The US English dictionary