verb (past and past participle outbred)[with object] (usually as noun outbreeding)
- Breed from parents not closely related: many specific genetic factors are known which regulate the degree of outbreedingMore example sentences
- In addition, the ratio of the metapopulation levels of genetic diversity in inbreeding vs. outbreeding species can also be heavily influenced by the structure of the populations.
- The first hypothesis predicts that outbreeding species should possess more genetic variation within a population and that inbreeding species show less variation within and more between populations.
- The fitness consequences of inbreeding and outbreeding have intrigued biologists for a long time.
More definitions of outbreedDefinition of outbreed in:
- The US English dictionary