- In or into the open air; outside a building or shelter: it was warm enough to eat outdoorsMore example sentences
- They are a worthy flag for the rest of us odd enough to spend our winters outdoors in the cold.
- There is simply not enough time to create large ensembles of works outdoors.
- The animals spend their lives outdoors and are not rounded up every night to sleep in warehouses.
noun(usually the outdoors) Back to top
- Any area outside buildings or shelter, typically that far away from human habitation: a lover of the great outdoorsMore example sentences
- They streamed out of homes in large numbers seeking the great outdoors with a song on their lips!
- Three tiger cubs born in Scotland will this week take their first tentative steps into the great outdoors.
- Now it's time to head to the great outdoors and scale a cliff, shoot some rapids or hike to the peak.
More definitions of outdoorsDefinition of outdoors in:
- The US English dictionary