- The place where a river, drain, or sewer empties into the sea, a river, or a lake.More example sentences
- It has its own drainage system which empties into a proper outfall and public sewer at the back of the properties.
- In between lies a great variety of wrecks, all with fantastic marine life in odd and unusual diving settings: Some are located in channels, in river outfalls, most in secluded Rock Island coves and even a few around the main harbour.
- Effluent is discharged crude via a number of outfalls into the river Shannon which is tidal at this point.
More definitions of outfallDefinition of outfall in:
- The US English dictionary