- 1A set of clothes worn together, especially for a particular occasion or purpose: her wedding outfitMore example sentences
- There were lab coats, Vegas showgirl outfits, long gowns with full skirts, vampire costumes, and flapper dresses.
- The trick is to keep some of your older clothes (the articles that you love), and revamp those outfits with the new clothes of this season.
- They were also able to expand their clothing line to include denim outfits, sweatshirts, outerwear, and accessories.
- 1.1A complete set of equipment needed for a particular purpose: a first-aid outfitMore example sentences
- And I was able to splash out on a whole new outfit of expensive camera equipment.
- It's an outfit that doesn't just repair your gear, but improves it.
- It can be subdivided to create custom compartments for the ideal organization of tools, sets, kits and outfits.
- 2 • informal A group of people undertaking a particular activity together, especially a group of musicians, a team, or a business concern: an obscure 1970s country rock outfitMore example sentences
- They pointed out that arrest of the militant, who was willing to surrender, could have led to vital clues regarding the activities of the militant outfits.
- Two of the region's finest vocal outfits team up next Thursday for a dream billing.
- Likewise many other villagers who were innocent and have nothing to do with any activities of any banned outfits were booked.
verb (outfits, outfitting, outfitted)[with object] Back to top
- 1Provide with a set of clothes: warders outfitted in special suitsMore example sentences
equip, kit out, fit out/up, rig out, supply, issue, furnish with, provide, provision, stock, arm; dress, attire, clothe, robe, costume, garb, deck out, drape, array, accoutre, get up, turn out, trick out/up• informal doll up
- In both photographs, he is outfitted in designer clothes.
- I gazed into my wardrobe which was full of enough clothes to outfit an entire army - a female one, but an army nonetheless.
- They are outfitted with bespoke suits in exchange for 10 seconds of product placement.
- 1.1Provide with equipment: planes outfitted with sophisticated electronic gearMore example sentences
- In fact, specially outfitted growth chambers are typically required to attain UV-B levels characteristic of open, natural environments.
- The specially outfitted Bell Huey helicopter had been extensively modified for Medevac operations.
- There are these classy amber lampposts outfitted all over the historic part of campus.