- 1Friendly and socially confident: she’s always been very outgoing and she’s got heaps of friendsMore example sentences
extrovert, uninhibited, unreserved, demonstrative, affectionate, warm, friendly, genial, cordial, affable, easy-going, easy, hail-fellow-well-met, approachable, sociable, convivial, lively, gregarious, attention-seeking; communicative, responsive, open, forthcoming, frank, expansive; talkative, garrulous, loquacious
- Volunteers should be available for a 3 hour period each week, and should have a friendly outgoing personality and helpful, caring disposition.
- With her friendly smile and outgoing personality Ann made many friends and was held in high regard by all who had the pleasure of knowing her.
- He will always be remembered for his outgoing and friendly personality.
- 2 [attributive] Leaving an office or position: the outgoing Prime MinisterMore example sentences
- Without further ado, the new coalition is adopting the position of the outgoing right-wing government.
- The only change on the committee was at Assistant Secretary level where the two outgoing occupants of the position didn't seek re-election.
- In a statement outside Conservative central office, the outgoing Tory leader said that the name of his successor would be announced in a simple statement tomorrow afternoon.
- 2.1Going out or away from a particular place: incoming and outgoing callsMore example sentences
- At present, only about a fifth of India's international telephone traffic comprises of outgoing calls, owing to the high cost of using conventional lines.
- He said its outgoing traffic in first half 2000 declined almost 2.0 percent compared to the corresponding period last year.
- It starts by blocking all incoming and outgoing traffic and then opening ports for specific services.
nounBritish Back to top
- 1 (outgoings) A person’s regular expenditure: if your outgoings regularly exceed your incomings, you have a problemMore example sentences
- Make a list of your essential regular monthly outgoings (mortgage/rent, council tax, utilities) and a separate list of your debts.
- However, for many whose outgoings simply exceed their income on a regular basis such a loan may prove to be a terrible mistake.
- It should take about an hour to note down regular income and outgoings and to identify what you can and cannot afford.