verb (outhits, outhitting; past and past participle outhit)[with object]
- Surpass (someone) in hitting; hit a higher score than.More example sentences
- Atlanta outhit its opponents 124-111 but outscored them 77-34 during the streak.
- They have a group of beefy sluggers who, as one scout says, look like a bunch of good ol' boys who will outhit you on the field, then outdrink you at the tavern.
- Boston took two of three in Texas earlier this season, outhitting the Rangers, 27-12, in the final two games.
More definitions of outhitDefinition of outhit in:
- The US English dictionary