- 1Exceptionally good: the team’s outstanding performanceMore example sentences
excellent, marvellous, magnificent, superb, fine, wonderful, superlative, exceptional, formidable, first-class, first-rate, virtuoso, skilful, masterful, masterly• informal great, terrific, tremendous, super, smashing, amazing, fantastic, sensational, stellar, fabulous, fab, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, ace, crack, A1, mean, awesome, magic, bad, wicked, out of this worldAustralian • informal bonzerNorth American • informal , • dated swell, keen• vulgar slang shit-hotremarkable, extraordinary, exceptional, striking, eye-catching, vivid, arresting, impressive, distinctive, unforgettable, catchy, haunting, indelible, not/never to be forgotten, memorable, signal, special, momentous, monumental, significant, historic, notable, noteworthy, important, consequential, distinguished, pre-eminent, eminent, well known, famous, famed, celebrated, renowned, notorious, illustrious• informal out of this world
- Nepal is also, of course, a country of outstanding natural beauty.
- I understood this land was an area of outstanding natural beauty.
- The Lake District National Park is an area of outstanding natural beauty that is protected for the benefit of the nation as a whole.
- 1.1Clearly noticeable: works of outstanding banalityMore example sentences
- Lewis-Francis is the most obvious and outstanding product of his time.
- Even allowing for this, he remains the outstanding figure of early English history.
- 2Not yet paid, resolved, or dealt with: much of the work is still outstanding Julian’s outstanding debtsMore example sentences
to be done, undone, not done, neglected, omitted, unattended to, unfinished, incomplete, left, remaining, pending, ongoingunpaid, unsettled, owing, owed, to be paid, payable, receivable, due, overdue, undischarged, in arrears, in the red; North American delinquent, past due
- It had no bank debt outstanding when the deal was signed late last week.
- In most cases a judge will attempt to help both the borrower and the lender reach an agreement about how the outstanding debt can best be discharged.
- The only circumstances in which they could call in all outstanding debts would be in the event of their own disbandment.