adverb[often as submodifier]
- 1On the surface: an outwardly normal life [sentence adverb]: outwardly she seemed no differentMore example sentences
- Invariably they are well-dressed, intelligent and from outwardly stable and normal households.
- I'm having problems maintaining my outwardly normal composure as it is.
- Those of you who use the term, even in jest, need to think about this: a lot of people will pretend something is funny, or outwardly put up with it without comment.
- 1.1On or from the outside: outwardly featureless modern offices [sentence adverb]: outwardly it’s not a bad-looking carMore example sentences
- The Mack reminds us of how much has changed, outwardly, in modern African America.