- Material carried away from a glacier by meltwater and deposited beyond the moraine: [as modifier]: outwash depositMore example sentences
- The silts were washed out of the glaciers and deposited on outwash plains, where they were deflated by wind action and carried away from the margins of the ice and subsequently redeposited.
- What's left behind are new surfaces: kettle moraines, outwash plains, pingos, scoured barren grounds.
- The depositional model then available was that of continental glacial deposition where tills, glaciolacustrine and outwash deposits record the climatically driven waxing and waning of ice sheets.
More definitions of outwashDefinition of outwash in:
- The US English dictionary