- informal term for fenestra ovalis (see fenestra).More example sentences
- Due to the uneven properties of the basilar membrane, high frequencies create a crest at the taut end nearest the oval window, and low frequencies crest towards the pliant end of the membrane.
- A sound stimulus rattles the tiny hammer, anvil and stirrup bones that lean against the oval window at the entrance to the cochlea, thus setting the cochlear fluid in motion.
- The length and diameter of the bypass channel (periotic duct) dictate that only a tiny fraction of the total acoustic displacement at the oval window is diverted through that channel.
More definitions of oval windowDefinition of oval window in:
- The US English dictionary