noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- Albumin derived from the white of eggs.More example sentences
- To produce a food allergy in mice, lead author Simon Hogan first injected the animals with small amounts of ovalbumin, a harmless protein found in egg whites.
- Arrows above the profiles indicate the positions and sizes of the following external standards (from left to right): catalase, aldolase, transferrin, and ovalbumin.
- Many different preparations of the measles vaccine are available, all containing small amounts, at most, of the egg protein ovalbumin.
mid 19th century: from Latin ovi albumen 'albumen of egg', altered on the pattern of albumin.
More definitions of ovalbuminDefinition of ovalbumin in:
- The US English dictionary