- another term for Graafian follicle.More example sentences
- In the first half of the menstrual cycle, ovarian follicles, containing an egg, develop, and produce increasing amounts of oestrogen.
- Estrogens are primarily secreted by the ovarian follicles and the corpus luteum in the non-pregnant females; in pregnancy, the major source is the placenta.
- Pathogenetically, the development of an ovarian pregnancy is a result of the retention of the ovum in the ovarian operculum and its continued entrapment within the ruptured ovarian follicle.
More definitions of ovarian follicleDefinition of ovarian follicle in:
- The US English dictionary