- 1By ordinary retail purchase, with no need for a prescription or licence: [as modifier]: over-the-counter medicinesMore example sentences
- They are advertised, marketed, and sold on the Internet, as well as over the counter in ordinary retail shops.
- Patients derive enough benefit from over the counter cough medicines to purchase them in the first place and to keep returning for more.
- Is there any allergy medicine I can buy over the counter that won't affect my blood pressure or my prostate?
- 1.1(Of share transactions) taking place outside the stock exchange system.More example sentences
- The company's stock is not listed on any stock exchange, but it is traded over the counter.
- After numerous downgradings, it now trades over the counter for a nickel a share.
More definitions of over the counterDefinition of over the counter in:
- The US English dictionary