- Excessively anxious: she was overanxious, talking too muchMore example sentences
- But Pete has concealed the job from everyone, especially his overanxious mother, who regards the city as a dangerous place that swallows up feckless visitors like Pete's father, who is absent or dead.
- He lambastes overanxious pop rappers, racial tension, and society's preconceptions in a nasal hopscotch speed rap over frantic instrumentals.
- There is also a category of overanxious drivers who start revving up their vehicles when 15 to 20 seconds are still left for the green signal to light up.
- More example sentences
- A child's doctor is not required to clarify whether inappropriate parental care is due to mental illness, deprivation, distorted views of science, or persisting overanxiety before acting to promote the welfare of the child.
- He showed no signs of overanxiety or excitement, but kept a cold expression most of the time we were at the shipyard.
More definitions of overanxiousDefinition of overanxious in:
- The US English dictionary