- 1Fall or cause to fall over from loss of balance: [no object]: he overbalanced and fell against the wall [with object]: their combined weight had overbalanced themMore example sentences
- They figured the weight of the stuff overbalanced them and they fell off of places.
- Her sudden bolt as he had been about to catch her had caused Father to overbalance and fall in the dirt.
- He could vault over a much smaller opponent without causing his victim to overbalance and fall.
- 1.1 [with object] Outweigh: the days of unhappiness were far overbalanced by days of wild expressions of loveMore example sentences
- Sum-ranking fails to give sufficient salience to the worth of each person: it in effect permits one person's large misery to be overbalanced by small benefits to a large number of others.