verb (past overbore; past participle overborne)[with object]
- Overcome by emotional pressure or physical force: his will had not been overborne by another’s influenceMore example sentences
- Now, one of the explanations that she gave is that he overbore her and forced her into making some of these admissions.
- The judge said the youth did not want to do what was asked, but it was not an equal relationship, and his will was overborne.
- Moreover, its impact on the trial process must be weighed carefully: its probative value must not be overborne by its prejudicial effect.
More definitions of overbearDefinition of overbear in:
- The US English dictionary