verb (past and past participle overbought)[with object]
- Buy more of (something) than one needs: the tendency to overbuy softwareMore example sentences
- The bond markets are oversold and equities are still overbought, despite the consolidation we've had.
- Markets rarely become as oversold as they are overbought, even commodity markets.
- The odds of that happening are good especially since the stock is so overbought.
More definitions of overbuyDefinition of overbuy in:
- The US English dictionary