Pronunciation: /əʊvəˈkɔːl /[no object]
- Make a higher bid than an opponent’s bid: at my table West had overcalled in diamonds [with object]: after North had overcalled two diamonds, East jumped to four spadesMore example sentences
- It can only be overcalled by the dealer also offering also to ‘shoot the moon‘.
- A bid can only be overcalled by calling a lower card of the same suit as the original bid.
- If someone offers to declare, a later player may overcall by offering to reveal, in which case the first may raise his call to a revelation.
Pronunciation: /ˈəʊvəkɔːl /Back to top
More definitions of overcallDefinition of overcall in:
- The US English dictionary