Definition of overcommit in English:
verb (overcommits, overcommitting, overcommitted)[with object]
1Oblige (someone) to do more than they are capable of, especially to repay a loan they cannot afford: multiple borrowers who may be overcommitting themselves
More example sentences
- I'm already overcommitted with books I've agreed to read and blurb and introductions I've agreed to write going back some years.
- When businesses are not sure of what's happening, they want to hold onto their cash and not overcommit on space they won't need.
- Before you overcommit to others, take care of yourself.
- Example sentences
- Totally insane overcommitments knocked it out for a time.
- I think my biggest struggle has been caused by overcommitments and my previous lack of time-management skills.
- Isolationists killed the measure as an overcommitment of American power and prestige.
Definition of overcommit in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan