Definition of overconfident in English:
Excessively confident: Sarah’s downfall came through being overconfident
More example sentences
- As stupid as they seemed - one overconfident, one not confident enough - the two mercenaries were the best men for this job.
- There's a reason we feel confident, but I hardly feel overconfident.
- Organizations are powerful tools, however recalcitrant, but they can also be very presumptuous and overconfident.
- Example sentences
- This has often led to overconfidence and bad misjudgement of the opposition in important matches, and incomprehension at South Africa's repeated inability to win afterwards.
- I wrote last December about insurgent overconfidence.
- I blew it due to my usual excessive overconfidence.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan