React to or portray (something) in an excessively dramatic manner: I succumbed to the temptation to overdramatize my theme
More example sentences
- But we tend as a society to sensationalize and overdramatize the effect.
- While cinema is meant to entertain, movie makers should be alive to a responsibility to put forth their views on various happenings as well, without overdramatizing things for the sake of cinema.
- I think they have to be careful not to overdramatize it.
- More example sentences
- I love having an excuse for being ridiculously overdramatic.
- Other than that, I'm afraid this chapter really did come off as excessively overdramatic.
- People tend to react to bedbugs with alarm, but it is not an overdramatic problem, although they can be difficult to get rid of.
Definition of overdramatize in:
- The US English dictionary