Definition of overdramatize in English:
React to or portray (something) in an excessively dramatic manner: I succumbed to the temptation to overdramatize my theme
More example sentences
- But we tend as a society to sensationalize and overdramatize the effect.
- While cinema is meant to entertain, movie makers should be alive to a responsibility to put forth their views on various happenings as well, without overdramatizing things for the sake of cinema.
- I think they have to be careful not to overdramatize it.
- Example sentences
- I love having an excuse for being ridiculously overdramatic.
- Other than that, I'm afraid this chapter really did come off as excessively overdramatic.
- People tend to react to bedbugs with alarm, but it is not an overdramatic problem, although they can be difficult to get rid of.
Words that rhyme with overdramatizeanagrammatize, epigrammatize, melodramatize
Definition of overdramatize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan