- React to or portray (something) in an excessively dramatic manner: I succumbed to the temptation to overdramatize my themeMore example sentences
- But we tend as a society to sensationalize and overdramatize the effect.
- While cinema is meant to entertain, movie makers should be alive to a responsibility to put forth their views on various happenings as well, without overdramatizing things for the sake of cinema.
- I think they have to be careful not to overdramatize it.
- More example sentences
- I love having an excuse for being ridiculously overdramatic.
- Other than that, I'm afraid this chapter really did come off as excessively overdramatic.
- People tend to react to bedbugs with alarm, but it is not an overdramatic problem, although they can be difficult to get rid of.
More definitions of overdramatizeDefinition of overdramatize in:
- The US English dictionary