Pronunciation: /əʊvəˈdrɛs /[no object] (also be overdressed)
- Dress too elaborately or formally: she felt wildly overdressed in her velvet suitMore example sentences
- I probably overdressed for a Saturday (polo shirt, jumper, tweed jacket and slacks) but had never seen my supervisor in anything but a suit.
- I see him most often in the company of boys between 18-25, and frankly, he's usually a bit overdressed for my taste.
- Kirsty felt out of place at Simon's office today, pale and overdressed, but at dinner, after gulping down a drink, she relaxes.
More definitions of overdressDefinition of overdress in:
- The US English dictionary