Definition of overeat in English:
verb (past overate; past participle overeaten)[no object] (usually as noun overeating)
Eat too much: the effect of overeating is weight gain
More example sentences
- Overweight people often have low self-esteem, easily adopt the role of a failure and even punish themselves by overeating again.
- Seriously restricting food intake, or overeating and then purging, causes levels of vital nutrients in the body to plummet.
- She then found herself afflicted by a syndrome that has affected many of her peers - a round of dieting and overeating.
eat too much, be greedy, eat like a horse, gorge (oneself), overindulge, overindulge oneself, surfeit, guzzle, feast
informal binge, binge-eat, stuff one's face, stuff oneself, pack it away, put it away, make a pig of oneself, pig oneself, pig out
North American informal scarf out
- Example sentences
- Advertisers and food producers have both been lambasted, but only occasionally have ministers criticised the overeaters.
- And if there is something inherently wrong, possibly even immoral about being pudgy, why not just punish the people who are causing the problem - the overeaters?
- And so, I went ahead in the laboratory and figured out why it is that women are stress overeaters, and there was beautiful science behind this.