Definition of overembellish in English:
Make (something) too ornate or complicated: use your imagination, but do not overembellish the presentation (as adjective overembellished) you really need oodles of attitude to carry off those overembellished costumes
More example sentences
- The overembellished coconut cheesecake is bland stuff.
- The entrees tend to be overworked and overembellished, perhaps a holdover from the chef's stint doing fancy hotel food.
- I was similarly uncharmed by the promising sounding mini ice-cream sandwiches, which seemed overembellished and not freshly made.
- Example sentences
- The speed at which these small pieces of furniture are made leave little room for overembellishment.
- When acquiring what is essentially a working tool, you should be wary of overembellishment.
- He rarely engages in the hyperbole or overembellishment so characteristic of many sportswriters.
Definition of overembellish in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.