Definition of overenthusiasm in English:
Excessive enthusiasm: he can be criticized only for overenthusiasm
More example sentences
- Real discoveries of phenomena contrary to all previous scientific experience are very rare, while fraud, fakery, foolishness, and error resulting from overenthusiasm and delusion are all too common.
- This overenthusiasm for wilderness prodigals is counterproductive and helps foster a misleading sense of ideological purity in environmental politics that is not supported by the historical record.
- They also indicated an overenthusiasm for the purchase, they could only work through a broker, and could only provide the funds via a check.
- Example sentences
- The knocking gesture was exaggerated, like an overenthusiastic mime in slow motion.
- Expect all the personal touches and attention to detail you get when staying with particularly hospitable friends, but none of the intrusion you get when staying with overenthusiastic ones.
- When he's finally handed the case of his life, he runs at it like an overenthusiastic puppy, hitting every cliché of the cop movie head on and failing at every single one.
Pronunciation: /ˌəʊv(ə)rɪnˌθjuːziˈastɪk/ /ˌəʊv(ə)rɛnˌθjuːziˈastɪk/adjective
Pronunciation: /ˌəʊv(ə)rɪnˌθjuːzɪˈastɪkli/ /ˌəʊv(ə)rɛnˌθjuːzɪˈastɪkli/adverb
Definition of overenthusiasm in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.