- 1A turbulent stretch of open water caused by a strong current or tide over a submarine ridge, or by a meeting of currents.More example sentences
- You need very calm surface conditions and a northward current in Jack Sound, but not so strong as to cause turbulent overfalls.
- This current is often too strong to swim against, but it's never strong enough to form overfalls on this part of the reef.
- Divers should be aware that the whole area is subject to complex and strong tidal streams and heavy overfalls.
More definitions of overfallDefinition of overfall in:
- The US English dictionary