1Too well known: the overfamiliar teacher’s voice
More example sentences
- Most Hollywood films, particularly science fiction films, are these days a mass of overfamiliar and uncredited cliches that have been ripped off and merged together, usually not very intelligently.
- But don't think for a minute that the novelist of his generation is going to take lying down the criticism of his new book, from those early whispers of overfamiliar themes to that embargo-busting kicking.
- It allowed people to look in, and it really made them overfamiliar to the public.
- Example sentences
- Pearson and Bonneville convey less pleasant characters with quiet conviction, yet even these performances cannot hide the overfamiliarity.
- If there was anything that depressed him about younger literary scholars it was their overfamiliarity with ‘theory’ at the expense of the art of close textual reading.
- I hate that overfamiliarity between the generations.
Definition of overfamiliar in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.