verb (past and past participle overfed)[with object]
- Give too much food to: the general view was that you cannot overfeed a babyMore example sentences
- So far as I know, the cat has only been overfed twice since I've taken on the job of principal feeder.
- According to veterinarians surveyed, more than half of the nation's cats and dogs are overfed, which can lead to health problems.
- ‘As the snake will initially refuse food, the collector will overfeed it,’ he said, adding that this would eventually kill the animal.
More definitions of overfeedDefinition of overfeed in:
- The US English dictionary