- Graze (grassland) so heavily that the vegetation is damaged and the ground becomes liable to erosion: their own pastures were overgrazed and arid (as noun overgrazing) the failure of the rains led to overgrazing and deforestationMore example sentences
- Before the civil war, families living in this area had an average of 20 cows each and the grassland was heavily overgrazed in the 1970s and 1980s.
- The Viking colonists had allowed cattle to overgraze their pastures, and their arable land was badly affected by soil erosion.
- Because of their sedentary character and free grazing habit, reindeer tend to trample and overgraze lichen pastures during summer and autumn.
More definitions of overgrazeDefinition of overgraze in:
- The US English dictionary