adjective & adverb
- 1chiefly North American another term for overarm. you can’t pitch overhand
- 2With the palm of the hand downward or inward: [as adjective]: an overhand gripMore example sentences
- Begin this lift by placing your hands in an overhand grip with palms facing your body.
- Start with an overhand grip (palms away) on the bar slightly wider than shoulder width.
- She uses an overhand grip, palms facing forward, and makes sure her shoulders, elbows and wrists are all in line.
More definitions of overhandDefinition of overhand in:
- The US English dictionary