- 1The action or fact of having too much of something enjoyable: her alleged overindulgence in alcoholMore example sentences
- The measure was created to curb overindulgence by young drinkers.
- PC Kevin Hemsworth said police believed an over-indulgence of alcohol was probably to blame.
- The biggest problem with overindulgence in chocolate is weight gain.
- 2Excessive gratification of a person’s wishes: his overindulgence of her whimsMore example sentences
- My one fault is the overindulgence of a bleak perspective.
- About halfway through the film, we all heard the awful sounds of his overindulgence coming back up the pipe.
- Lets look at some way to sort out this over-indulgence - at least in young people.
- More example sentences
- Sadly, the flashback scenes - where the actress plays her character in her younger days, all nervous tics and immature bravado - are excessive and overindulgent, and fall wide of the mark.
- ‘We are fond of [our grandchildren], but feel that their parents are overindulgent,’ he reveals.
- But Dickens had no way of knowing to what idiotically overindulgent philosophies future generations would subscribe.