verb (overissues, overissuing, overissued)[with object]
- Issue (banknotes, shares, etc.) beyond the authorized amount or the issuer’s ability to pay them on demand: the Bank could deliberately overissue Treasury billsMore example sentences
- Each time, a state in fiscal crisis overissued paper money, causing inflation, debasement of the money, and commercial chaos.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
- The action of overissuing banknotes, shares, etc..More example sentences
- It was not the circulation of a large supply of money as such which was troublesome, but the overissue as compared with the real requirements of trade and industry.
More definitions of overissueDefinition of overissue in:
- The US English dictionary