- Strengthen and prevent fraying of (an edge of cloth) by oversewing it: the seams are well stitched and overlocked to prevent frayingMore example sentences
- Thread the serger upper looper with decorative thread, then overlock the mesh edge with a 3-thread rolled hem stitch.
- She showed well finished (not just overlocked, but bound) knickerbockers in black, a pink singlet with covered buttons and suspender clips, and a white singlet with a column of buttons down the left.
- More example sentences
- He said the project had bought 10 sewing machines, three overlockers, baking equipment and a generator to supply power to the baking and sewing centre built recently with the funds.
More definitions of overlockDefinition of overlock in:
- The US English dictionary