- Cover with a layer of paint: once dry, colour can be overpainted [no object]: any slight gaps in the wallpaper will be hidden when overpainting (as noun overpainting) overpainting is a simple processMore example sentences
- Even so, a substantial part of the painting was executed, and was carefully preserved after Leonardo's departure from Florence in 1506 until the 1560s, when Vasari overpainted it.
- A counterpoint to Das Wunder, it is abstractly overpainted with arabesques of yellow and white and ornamented with a garland of the eyes that figure in its title.
- For example, the painting may look perfect, but if a tear has been patched up or a restorer has overpainted it (painted over the original colour), this will show up under an expert eye and will lower its value.
More definitions of overpaintDefinition of overpaint in:
- The US English dictionary