noun[mass noun] Electronics
- The technique of increasing the apparent sampling frequency of a digital signal by repeating each digit a number of times, in order to facilitate the subsequent filtering of unwanted noise.More example sentences
- Besides a high degree of oversampling, the available noise power is also spectrally shaped.
- On-the-fly removal of data inconsistency with k-space oversampling and demodulation in MRI acquisitions
- Smaller pixels yield higher resolution for a given chip size, a property that can potentially result in oversampling the image.
More definitions of oversamplingDefinition of oversampling in:
- The US English dictionary