Excessively scrupulous: life was often too difficult for working-class mothers to be overscrupulous
More example sentences
- So we now get stories such as that of an army's nighttime panic when the imagination produces non-existent enemies or a theologically significant animal fable about an overscrupulous ass and a self-serving wolf.
- But they were blocked by overscrupulous higher-ups who ‘want you to kill the guy, but not the guy next to him,’ as one of his sources in the military put it.
- Luther always claimed to have been a good, if somewhat overscrupulous monk, and Lortz found no evidence whatever to doubt his claim.
- More example sentences
- Overscrupulousness is born of pride and arrogance rather than true holiness.
- The actor's Inspector Javert strikes a fine balance between overscrupulousness, fastidiousness, and menace.